- Evaluate emerging developments that pose significant threats to food and nutrition security;
- Assess experiences and draw lessons for using programs, policies, institutions, and investments to build resilience of agriculture and food systems;
- Determine key approaches and tools for building resilience of agriculture and food systems at varying levels;
- Identify knowledge and action gaps in research, policy, and programming;
- Set priorities for action by different actors at regional and nation levels.
|FANRPAN Awarded NASFAM CEO Dyborn Chibonga |
for recognition of services rendered to the Regional Network
15th of Aug. 2017. PAEPARD was allocated Session 1: Transformative Change Through Partnerships for Agricultural Research for Development (AR4D)
Facilitator: Ms Sharon Alfred
Rapporteur: Lesotho, Malawi and Zambia FANRPAN Nodes
- Dr Remi Kahane, CIRAD (French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development): Topic: Demand driven and user-led research partnerships: PAEPARD context and lessons from mid-term review
- Ms Elizabeth Mnyandu, Department of Biotechnology and Food Technology at Durban University of Technology: Topic: The role of Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in AR4D within the PAEPARD
- Dr Aldo Stroebel, National Research Foundation (NRF): Topic: Best practice in building local and international links and collaborations for multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary AR4D.
- Dr Limbikani Mutuma, Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR)
- Reflections: Ms Wezi Chunga- Simbo, Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa (PACA -AUC)